Wednesday, May 01, 2002

Up in New York, the weather is still on the chilly side. I would still be wearing a jacket.

Here, there is record heat, with weather so muggy that its actually good for you to take a deep breath to rehydrate...

With temps in the 90's, you hardly see anyone puttering around during the daytime - except for the beach and tan hungries.

In Florida, natives pride themselves on being able to set their watches on the 4:30pm thunderstorms.

However, since Ive been around - Ive seen one or two rain storms.. and they were a passing soaking lasting only a coupla minutes.

Been so hot, I am learning the intricacies of sprinklers as it wakes me up at 4am, and so dry that to keep the lawn from drying out - I had to switch the sprinklers on and give the lawn a good soaking.

Not a good thing when you start seeing brown spots.


---------------
One of the things Im actually looking forward to in San Fran is the rain.

I know, it is an odd thing to want - but growing up thats what I thought San Fran was. a rain fest.

Thats probably why I was so prejudiced against the place, as I thought it was a wet, foggy version London town.

Turns out, that Ive grown to like foggy and wet weather.

Turns out, San Fran isnt always like that. :-) (Biggest shock about california? The hills are brown!!!)

With the current dryness here, Im missing daylong patters of rain.

I like rainy days.

So much so - I would love to see a few of the 4:30 thunderstorms roll through.

Even a secret wish for a hurricane to pass by before I go....
--------------------
Simple pleasures

Sitting by the window.. a cardinal flies by.

Weird. Ive never seen a cardinal in any other state but Florida.

Along with the ever ubiquitous wild doves, there are blue jays and blackbirds.

The parrots fly over every so often. I dont see them hangin out.

And I just saw, what I think is, a yellow finch.

Bright sunflower yellow, with black wings.

Cool.

On the scale of earth shakin events, this wont rank with anyone.

But me.

No comments: