Friday, May 03, 2002

JT and I looked on in amazement as StonerKitty streaked up the stairs, doing his Cat Fleeing Strangers routine.

Damn. we didnt expect riotous hugs from the cat when I came by to visit, but damn. (Although, as Fred will tell you about BoyCats - It woulda been different if I had boobs..)

I wouldnt say my feelings were hurt, but...

Then as I stood, he came back, warily circled and then plopped down by feet to allow me to stroke his fur. He didnt flee. :-D

But what made my day was waking up to him licking my hand, then circling around, padding all over me and the couch to head back to JT's.

And then waking up to him sleeping right by my head.

Nah, he doesnt do that to everybody.

He's a good little furball.
--------
Guh.

Im a stick-shift snob from way back.

Its an intoxicating way to finely control a car, doing the intricate 3 pedal dance to control speed, attitude and acceleration.

Last night I realized that, unless I needed to come to a full stop - I was only dabbing on the brakes to adjust speed. Without even thinking about it.

Clutch take-ups and downshifts so smooth youd think youre driving in a slushbox. Brisk acceleration as the engine is kept in its sweetspot. Sweet sweet.

But. I think Im getting too old for it.

Cause I dont just have 'clutch leg' anymore.

'Clutch knee' is a bitch.

This is my body's way of telling me that soon, very soon - driving stick will be a hobby.

Gah.

No comments: