Monday, July 15, 2002

Road Trip

Part of the fun of Florida is to get up and go road tripping...

I didnt do that often enough while I lived in Florida.

So, here is what it looked like from Northern Florida to the Keys...

Sunrise in a McDonalds parking lot in Central Florida







There was a lot of rain on the way down







Outside Miami











At the entrance to Homestead Florida, there is an F-4 Phantom. Ive always enjoyed seeing planes displayed like that.





On the looong road to the Keys



Of course, it was raining there too.

After that much driving, I chilled a bit in Key Largo









And then I found a Beach.. called "Anne's Beach"







I dragged on a pair of swim shorts and went wading. The water was only waist deep 500 yards out.







Yeah, it felt good. Warm and smooth.

I was visibly relaxed by the time I left that beach.



and then I hit the road again..







Yep. 500 miles later, I was in the Keys.



I wonder why I never did it more often.
----------------
When I first rolled in, I stopped by a VIsitors Center.

Lady: You cant do the Keys in one day.
Me: Hmm. Looks like youre right.
Lady: Right now, its off-season, so you can get rooms for as low as 50 dollars.
Me: Hmm.

I didnt wanna spend 50 bux a night. I was gonna sleep on the beach.

When I stopped at Anne's Beach, a guy there told me how to get a great deal on a room in the Keys.



This is how I got a room for 30 bux a night.

So, thats how I was able to afford to chill in the Keys for 2 nights.

I watched a lot of PowerPuff Girls late at night.
































No comments: