Sunday, July 14, 2002

Working that nerve

Stella, so far, is turning out to be an amazing little camera.

But just like a woman, there are some things that are bugging the ever-loving shit outta me.

.. from the secret subscriber-only version of the Itinerant Files- Reformat a memory card, and the numbering system resets. Change a memory card, and the numbering system resets. Erase all the images and frames on a card, and guess what...

WHAT THE FUCK???

GAH!!

With as many images as I snap on a DAILY basis, over the years Ive developed an easy to use system to keep my images straight.. I simply use the numbering system from the camera.

Now THATS all shot to hell, gahdurnit.

*sigh*

It took me months to come up with THAT system, geebus.

Now I gotta figure out a new org system, and being the Absent-Minded Perfesser that I am....

- It has a beautiful all metal body.

Why is that bad you ask?

Well, metal absorbs the ambient temperature very well. So, if I go into the heat - the camera heats up slightly. If I go into airconditioning, the metal chills slightly.

Normally, this goes pretty un-noticed - until you step from an airconditioned environment into a humid environment, like the kind Florida is rumored to be.

EVERYTHING fogs up!!!! Condenstation on the lens, INSIDE the lens etc etc.

GAH!

Just like a woman. Finds silly ways of driving me to distraction.
------------
Opposite signs often have to work to get along. Its hell when they dont. But its fun when they do.

Leo/Aquarius. Cancer/Capricorn, Scorpio/Taurus, Gemini/Sagittarius etc etc

Many of my most loyal friends are Pisceans. I love 'em. Cause face it - us Virgos can get on a persons last noive, specially our opposite sign - Pisces

With me, even tho Lillie has known me for nearly 10 years, I know Im working her last nerve when I hear her groan.. "Oh, Lord".

eg:

Lil: What are you fixin to eat tonight?
Me: Your fried rice.
Lil: Oh lord.
Me: Hey, Im a simple man.
Lil: Look buddy, I only make that once or twice a year. Its only when YOU come around...
Me: Thas all I want.
Lil: Oh lord.

Or.

Me: Ok, Im off for a coffee and donut and Hardees biscuit for breakfast.
Lil: Oh Lord.
Me: I LIKE Hardees biscuits.
Lil: You KNOW those things arent good for y'all.
Me: Dont care. :-)
Lil: Oh lord. You just sit down while I make you a small breakfast....

Lil's da best. :-) I would do anything for that woman.

Like all my Pisces folk.



No comments: