Sunday, December 29, 2002

Mild weather my ass




Pulling down the knit skullcap that Fred gave me to keep warm, Ive found myself cursing the wet, cold breeze off the Pacific thats endemic to the Bay Area.

&%^#%@. Jaysus, the shit you have to endure in trying to capture a simple sunset.

And it rains. Not constantly, but sweeps lasting days at a time.

But then it clears .. and the view becomes stunning.

There's nothing like an after-storm sunset.

Unfortunately, the clearing is usually caused by the cold wind. Oy.

I knew it rains here, but no one hepped me onto the cold.

But it IS beautiful.

From the Emeryville shore looking across the bay to San Francisco and the Bay Bridge:



















Looking down to the Bay from Telegraph Ave and Bancroft in Berkeley





Several people suggested I check out the view from the Berkeley Pier and Marina, which sits directly across the bay from the mouth of the Golden Gate Bridge...


























Downtown Berkeley, from the pier, at dusk.

and this would be San Francisco, from the Pier, also at dusk..










Its trying to get shots like those that make me realize I will be upgrading equipment soon..

Someone else then suggested I check out the view above Berkeley, from the Cal-Berkeley campus @ the Lawrence Science Hall.

Wow.









Oh yeah, apparently this is mountain lion country too




Heh. Someone scratched out 'mountain lion' and put in 'yuppie'. Yar.. every square inch of the mountainside above Berkeley thats not the property of the state has a house on it.

I know the views are spectacular, but I dunno.. doing this in mountain lion, wildfire and earthquake country? Nuh uh. Not me.


Still, for views like this...






















Not bad at all.

Now, if it werent so ^@@#!#! cold....






No comments: