Tuesday, December 31, 2002

Singing in the Rain

Got the usual suspects in mp3 rotation

Its raining and blustering outside. Been like this off and on, the temperatures positively balmy however..

In the middle of the steel-gray scudding clouds, winds and rain - the sky briefly flashed a beautiful golden pink this afternoon. Far out.

Yeah, I got a picture.

I havent been out in it the past few days because the nagging pain in my back has flared up to Full Fledged Back Pain, the kind they make fun of on sitcoms.

Never really had it before, so as the guy in the tie-dye'd shirt I was chatting to who goes by the name Avatar and makes a living massaging dogs (no, really - Ive seen him in action ) said..

"I think its age catching up to you."

Feh.

Im chalking it up to the cumulative effects of no regular exercise and sleeping on odd things this past year. Futons, Couches, bus seats, sleeping bags and floors. Thank god, no park benches.

Im dreaming of a space with a low mattress close to the floor right now.
---------
Still considering the resolutions for the coming year.

Im still working on the past ones, as its always an ongoing process...

- Follow Dreams. Check.
Saw a wonderful flick called Waking Dreams, a disjointed animated/rotoscoped dissertation on what dreams and life are about. Having thought long and hard about all this the past coupla years, Im glad to say I understood most of it.

Now that Im in the Dream State... should I treat it as I would a lucid dream? Hmm.

- Trying to be a better man. Yup.
Thank god I aint trying to be the PERFECT man.

- Release my defenses. Indeed.
They had been holding me back even as they were effective in keeping me from being damaged. Progress, but still working on unwrapping the onion..

By the way, Ive learned the perfect technique in quickly peeling cloves of garlic.

Smash 'em with a light but firm touch with the heel of the palm under the flat blade of a knife. Works good.

And so it goes for habits and defenses..

- Learning to keep in touch with people. Uhmm, hmm.
I have packages for Manuel and Kate I havent sent yet, a notebook full of names and emails I havent gotten around to collating.

Hmm, there's work to be done thar...

Progress takes work.

-------
Gunnnnnnnh. Mebbe I should take up yoga this year.

In the meantime, theres good ol Ibuprofen in prescription strength.

No comments: