Sunday, March 02, 2003

Memories of NY

Just goin thru my old stuff, showing it to someone who hadnt seen them before...

Summer 2000




From the Union Square pizzeria, where upon hearing that I hadnt eaten any garlic in weeks and I was sick as a dog
the italian counterman declared

" 'Old on mah friend! I will take care of you!"

And piled on an inch thick of garlic on a double slice supreme.

Heh. People on the subway gave me a five-foot wide berth on my way home..

And I was perfectly fine 2 days later.







Soy noodles from the soy place on Lafayette and Canal on broadway that cyn hepped me on to.
Before then, I couldnt stand soy.

Now?

Mmm.

Never touched the fake soy seafood tho

A forgotten convo with Kate from back when (we were referring to when I was a Blog of Note of the Month that boosted the people looking on the site)


kate:Hello Big Black Man Who Takes Pictures of People!
JoePennant:youre funny :-)
kate: it seems that wherever i go lately- your name is being mentioned
JoePennant: wherever you go? oh ah, online :-)
kate:yup
JoePennant: <-- gettin even more smug :-)

kate: yah
JoePennant:pshahh. 10 minutes of online fame.

JoePennant:they'll find me OD'd in some seedy hotel soon :-)
kate:heheh



Man, the legs on that chica. She was manning her family's sales stand at the corner of 6th and Canal, before West Broadway.

Whoo. I took a lotta pics of womens butts that summer. :-D

Hey, its New York in the summer.

Just to show an example..






The #4 train, Brooklyn



Oh, I love this shot. 17th and Broadway, Union Square



That town will give you whiplash in the summer boy...




But really, the memories of summer of 2000, before the change of life, was like this...

















Now, you cant even take pictures of the bridges.


Yeah, its a different time now.



No comments: