Tuesday, April 15, 2003

Apples and kilts, Apples and kilts, I want me some Apples and Kilts


Oh, I had plans for the machine...

A bigger hard drive, then install OS X, then unix-fy the thing.

Then it blew up. Literally.

Macs.

Feh.

My lil PC is waaaaay more productive.

So, why do I whimper when I see the lil CalBerkeley coed chicas flipping open their iBooks at the Au Coquelet coffee joint?

And at the Berkeley Espresso (where the wireless hookup is free, free, free Fred. The house coffee is tasty too.).

By the way, the green-eyed amazonian mulatto chica with the beguiling smile who was at the Berkeley Espresso on thursday night? Call me. And bring the iBook.

Where was I? Oh yeah, Mac envy.

I want one.

I made a G3 Powerbook allmighty recently.. (OS X Jaguar, all the bug fixes, 80 gig firewire drive and DVD burner etc etc did some DVD ripping und burning, alla dat) and, I have to admit.. the process of geeking was much fun.

I want my own lil iBook to install VirtualPC on.

Bah.. this will get me nowhere. Even with the price cuts, Macs are still soooooo expensive.

And thats why I went to the inaugural East Bay Macintosh Users Group meeting with a PC laptop in my bag...

Yeah, I crashed the party.

















Arent you getting the impression by all these kooks and wackos .. iconoclasts and freethinkers, that this place is a just a touch different?

That they *enjoy* "thinking different"?

Just making sure you notice...

























Yeah, if it werent for Mac users, I would be totally SOL - so I cant rag on 'em too much.



No comments: