Wednesday, April 16, 2003


Bloggers digest

Said Marn



"Your cat is leaking again," I told the spousal unit.



And then the inimitable Lemur Chica pammy put it this way

TOOK OFF my sandals in the cab on my way home and slipped on the flip flops I had stashed in my bag.

I'd like to bottle the relief that washed over me when I took off those shoes and take it with me when I leave this world.

That was priceless.


By the way, I need to reread what she writes as she adds to her initial words.

Cuz I should check my messages more often...



But Joey, I only said I'd woo Ernie if I were male and gay. Since I'm female and straight [the last time I checked, anyway], you and I have a greater chance of tying the knot.


I wouldn't make divorce difficult, I promise - as long as I get the left side of the bed.




Heheh. Thats why Dragons and the clever Lemurs are compatible.. they know how to skillfully handle us Dragons, by following the first rule of Dragons:


No dragon cares to be number 3 or 4 on anyone's list. And they will only *tolerate* being number 2...


Even if we only believe it in our own mind.

And then George (who's wife doesnt write OFTEN enough) said


Blogging for peace is like fucking for virginity. You get all worked up and sweaty and orgasmically frenzied trying to link things together in your head, not to mention elsewhere..


What what WHAT?!!!!

'Splain yerself man!

And so he tells stories..


I go to work. After an hour or so, I visit the men's room. There's a guy at the right urinal; I take up a position at the left.

I turn to see if I know the guy. He's taking care of business with his left hand, clutching a sheaf of papers with his right hand and hunched over to the right so he doesn't drop the tiny mobile phone cradled between his right shoulder and ear.

I can't help myself. Turning my eyes forward, I mutter: "Multitasker."

We both chuckle. "Yes, like I don't have enough to do," he admits, without pausing what he's doing.


Heheheh.

And Uncle Bob talks about his new job...


During this meeting, I was assigned my first long term job.


Ready?


It is my job to get in touch with "The Today Show" and Oprah Winfrey and get them to bring their shows to town during a pretty big celebration that we're going to be having in two years.


It'll be the 50th anniversary of the day when a woman named Rosa Parks decided that she wasn't going to give up her bus seat to a white man, thus setting off a chain of events which later turned into the Civil Rights Movement.


I think Oprah would be all over that like...like...well...like Oprah all over a wheelbarrow full of barbecued pork chops.


So I'm excited.



And in the same breath, gets poetic



Star light, star bright.


First star I see tonight.


I wish I may, I wish I might.


Shit.


That's a fucking airplane.


(The first poem I ever wrote)



And in the next breath, ponders the difference between him and his wife as well as the important compromise in their marriage.



Before I go any further, my wife is one of the smartest women I know. She's extremely intelligent, graduated second out of a class of 800 students, has all these college degrees and rarely makes a bad decision.


I, on the other hand, am a borderline imbecile who's prone to scratching his ass and sniffing his fingers in public.


Therefore, it was wisely decided early on in our relationship that she be the one to fill out the taxes each year.


Wise man.



And then trixi ruminated


Mmmmmm. . . we (me, houseboy, and my sister) just got home from hearing Leon Redbone.
...

Anyway, this man's voice is sort of like Bill Cosby, Bing Crosby, and Ray Charles rolled up into one white man sitting on a porch in the south during a muggy sunset fading into twilight.

What this man can "sing" just by EXHALING tuneful groaning sighs is delightful....


I love being in the presence of performers who are ultra comfortable and unhurried. I envy people with that understated sedate yet powerful energy. Leon Redbone has one of those pokerfaces that can break into silly expression (like a raised eyebrow or a body movement punctuating a sound or punch line), then immediately go back to relaxation.

It struck me that you can learn a lot from watching strippers dance and listening to Leon Redbonish Cowboy Junkie-ish slow languid kind of music. Seriously . . . that unhurried pulsing motion, so confident it doesn't need to rush or explode or scream for attention . . . whoah.
That shit is powerful and provocative.


And you cant read Trixi if youre under 25. Not because its so x-rated.

Its cuz her shytte is so deep that without experience, you cant swim at those depths...

I like swimming in good words.




No comments: