Friday, April 18, 2003

Wake up ring

I woke up this morning, groggily checked my mail, saw a letter from my friend in Jax, Ed. Pretty lengthy too.

"Odd", I thought - "Ed aint the most talkative guy.. doesnt like writing letters either.."

I opened it.

Apparently it was a missive to his friends and fam.


Ana and I went out of town together this past weekend
and I proposed!

I took her to Highlands (North Carolina) a beautiful
mountain getaway town.... and we hiked 1 mile to the top of Whiteside Mountain in
the Nantahala National Forest. Whiteside is known in
local circles as "the mother of all panoramic views"
and has the highest sheer face cliffs on the East
Coast rising up to 750 feet of the 4,930 feet summit.

As we were checking out the gorgeous view I distracted
her by telling her I was looking for a napkin to clean
my shoes (just a ploy to get down on one knee). I
dropped to one knee and whipped the ring out in its
box...I left the box closed long enough for her to
focus on it...her eyes expanded... She was stunned! I
opened the box and popped the question...she said
YES!!

We'll probably wait until next March or April to tie
the knot.




*blink*

Now THAT woke me up.

Heh. Put a big-ass grin on my face, as I replied and congratulated the man.



JPennant: yo clint
McClint: hey
JPennant: ed told you he proposed to his girlfriend?
McClint: nope.
McClint: didnt know he had a gf
JPennant: yeah, pretty thing (as usual)
McClint: hehe fratboy magnet
JPennant: she's not one of the usual psychos either
McClint: hahaha

(Editors note: *sigh* TRUST ME on this, the history of most Ed's past girlfriends has been.. colorful. All the poor man has ever wanted is a little peace and quiet.. )

JPennant: she's a cappy too :-) A good one.
McClint: hahaha
McClint: is she a mac user? :-)
McClint: if so, she's a keeper :-)
JPennant: Lol
JPennant: nah
McClint: i havent talked to ed in quite some time
JPennant: i'll send you the proposal story
McClint: wow he wrote a story?
JPennant: hehehe. yup, he aint the most talkative man.
McClint: his middle name is *word for pretty blue color*?
JPennant: yup
JPennant: his ma was a hippy
McClint: hehehe obviously.



Ed thinks he's a lucky guy.

I'll say with certainty, that she is a lucky woman.

Congratulations, pal.


--------
Random reruns

Clouds over florida.

It was in Florida that I really started to notice clouds and their textures. And the clouds are all different in quality and display in the different parts of the country.

Florida's clouds are grand, majestic, organic and colored by God's own crayolas...












































*sigh*

The pictures do NOT do them justice.





No comments: