Saturday, May 17, 2003

Eclipse, shmeclipse.

I didnt feel motivated to see no stinkin eclipse, nor take pictures of it - specially cuz I was groovinating with my chica.

Eh, eclipse of the moon. Big deal. Happens twice a year

But my pal Clint did take some surprisingly kickass images of it.

So, with his permission, I share.











He used a:

Sony P31 digital camera and a Meade 70mm refracting telescope.

Quite good, Id say.

Taken from warm Jacksonville, Florida

See, I didnt need to go outside in this blasted East Bay night cold.....
-----
Speaking of cold-ass Bay Weather, the other day I bumped into George's Light of his Life, A. in downtown Oakland

(Again! This is spooky, btw. I dont bump into people around this town, and its like me and A. have a monthly Twilight Zone thing goin..)

Dude. It was fuckin cold, even with the bright sunshine. Combine the skyscraper windtunnel effect, famously brisk breezes off the Pacific Ocean.. we were freezin our asses off.

Heh, and as usual - A put it in a way that succinctly expressed the situation..

To wit:

When I used to see California in the movies and on TV, I thought it was all surf and sand and warm all the time. But its always COLD here. Jeez, I thought I was gonna get Baywatch weather when I moved here!


Heeheehee. Zigactly. Couldna said it better myself.

Its frikkin late may and Im still wearing jackets. Gawd-a-mighty.

And its that blasted WET cold too....

Dont wander out at night without a jacket here. You'll be sorry.





No comments: