Thursday, May 15, 2003

"I can tell what kind of person Im dealing with. Im a good judge of people."

I had seen him, Rush, the man at the corner of University and San Pablo standing there with the drunks and the junkies and the natives.. people he'd known all his life, adroitly deal with the characters that came up to him.

He knew who was hustling him, who could be hustled, joshed with, left alone. All with an easygoing style.

The Mayor of the Berkeley Flats, handling people with a politicians grace.

Hell yeah, he knows how to judge people.

So I asked him.. what did he think of me?

He looked me over, hemmed a bit and then said..

"You look like youre a really nice guy."

I stifled the instinct to ask him what MAKES me look like a (&*#%$&%# nice guy.

And then he thought a bit more and said.. "and you look like a square. Youre not out here using or selling, youre just being yourself. Youve got dignity."

A square eh.

*sigh* A nice guy and a square. Nothing Ive not heard before... to whit:

JPennant: Im sending off to Jamaica for my [ID papers]
lilbro: I HEAR THAT PIMP
JPennant: pimp?

(Insert raised eyebrow here..)

lilbro: ITS A BLACK THING
JPennant: I see.

(insert sarcasm here)

lilbro: I FORGET WHO U R AT TIMES
lilbro: SORRY
JPennant: Word.
JPennant: and Up
lilbro: HAHAHA
lilbro: YEH, THATS WHAT I MEAN
JPennant: heheh
lilbro: ;-)

He crax me up. :-)

No comments: