Tuesday, September 23, 2003

The Art of Moving On

A stunning realization in one's life is that people will usually do just fine without you around.

Sure they may miss you, wonder how youre doing et al, but they will usually find ways to fill their life.

Sometimes, they dont even mind if they see less of you than they already do.

Ive become cool with that. Which is why Ive trained myself (and the people who know me halfway well) to drop out given half a chance, and indulge in my penchant for liking my own company.

So with no phone, the computer doing a good impression of a Norwegian Blue pining for the fjords, and limited hours on the public library computers, I like to think Im hardly missed.

I do have a chink in my anti-social armor tho. If Im needed, I will try to make myself available. Otherwise, I will happily indulge in my disconnect.

Im doing fine.

To all that have checked in tho, thank you for seeing if Ive been ok.

Means a lot.
--------
Of course, not having had any coffee these last coupla days means I aint gonna be making lotsa effort to be sociable, nah?




No comments: