Saturday, September 27, 2003

I get frustrated.

Sometimes.
I wonder when Im gonna have sunshine, a spring in my step and an unlimited pass wherever United Airlines flies.

But no, every livelong day, I gotta celebrate and give thanks for the Richness of Life.

*sigh*

This week's horrorscope:
"Please remember that you are not competing in a sprint, Virgo. You are running a marathon. You should therefore be sure to pace yourself and not be overly concerned about the fast-starters who have sped ahead of you.

I also advise you to clear your beautiful mind of envy and self-doubt, as well as the pushy expectations of people who don't know the intricacies of what you're doing.

Now here's the most important thing: Use your fine mind to figure out how to be motivated by pleasure, not pressure."


Its taking awhile.
----------
We're not even kicking it. Hell, she even turned me down for a date last week.

Still, it feels good.

The laughs come easy, we finish others thoughts, the silences are companionable, the words direct and sometimes the right things are said that make us smile.

"How is OUR thing coming along?" she asked in greeting, with that grin and dimples.

I tried to be stoic, but I hadda grin like an idiot upon hearing it.

"I'll make your coffee. What do you want?"

Heh. No need to say what that phrase means to me. :-)

Nah, we just meet, hang out and chill. Friendly. Ive had to downplay things the last couple of years, so there are no expectations of anything.

Ive been actively avoiding entanglements since the chica left. Too much work after the need for salving my wounds passed. T'aint nuthin fer free in this world.

But it feels good here.

"Its gonna be a sparse life. All I need is a table, a low bed..."
"There has to be a bookshelf for me to keep my books."
"Hm, ok. Bookshelves. Aright.."


As some one said "See where it goes.. "

Yeah.






No comments: