Monday, September 22, 2003

I like the genuine compliments

LilBro gave me a compliment the other day, when I turned down an offer of help.

"Yeah, things get tough, you just deal. You always do."

A compliment from someone who DOES know me, not one from someone who thinks they do.
-----------
So, the damage from this quarter's merc retrograde

- One dead camera
- A virus attack that threatens to wipe out my work over the last year.
- And the usual and assorted blows to my psyche.

Eh.

Not so bad.

Stella was due to expire anyhoo, and not having a camera is forcing me to concentrate on the things that need to be done.

She'll be replaced by 3 cameras, the hustles to finance that are falling into place.

This virus attack took me (and Norton Antivirus) by surprise. Again. I thought I had dealt with it in June, but it lay dormant and re-surfaced just as I physically repaired the laptop.

Talk about timing.

Tough lil bugger too, still havent identified it, but I purposely had it infect a floppy before I nuked the MBR's.

At the very least, I can now go about recovering the data without some pesky virus scrambling it all to kingdom come.

Of course, now I need some tools to do this...

Assorted blows to my psyche?

Heh. To quote the Cappy and her trademark peal of laughter..

"Fuck 'em if they cant take a joke." :-)
--------
I dont do revenge like I used to.

I dont get mad and spew and try to fuck up people's lives.

Nah. Waste of energy/too old/bad juju/nasty aftertaste/too many deserving people.

I just do it different.

Then Im done.

However, this asshole ...
The look on his face when he was found out, priceless.

Slack jawed, fish-eyed, shallow breathing, lame attempt to stick to the lie.

I shook his hand and thanked him.

Unfortunately, thats not revenge. Its sarcasm.

So..

As usual, it has to be subtle and it cant be traced back to me.

Lemme think about it.

What, youve never seen my dark side?

You never will. :-)


No comments: