Thursday, December 11, 2003


Belief, suspension thereof.

"At some point in the drama, every excuse has been offered and analyzed. Even after all the evidence is in, and the ever-accepting spouse (now turned attorney) produces the ultimate evidence, there is still one last line that will stagger the most definite mindset.
'Do you really want to believe that of me? Do you really think I'd do something like that? Well, if that's what you want to believe, there's nothing I can do about it. Im sorry you see things that way.'

It's a brilliant strategy. I think there's some pschological term for when the guilty party deftly returns the volley of evidence and blame back the accuser and the game goes on.."


- Lynn Johnston, The Lives Behind the Lines...


My fear is that the shoe will eventually go on my foot.

My fear, really then, is of losing the sanctuary of self-righteousness.

No comments: