Friday, December 12, 2003


Christmas seems to have come early...

Or, maybe, just maybe, Im in a position to appreciate the spirit more than ever.
-----
Yesterday..

"You believe in Santa Claus"?
"Sure."
"Good, here."


And slipped a check into my hand.

Not a lot, but it'll buy me a lot of coffee for the holidays.

"It's because we like you."

Today..

"Remember that computer you found the other day, and you turned it in?"
"Sure."
"I think good things are coming from that."
"Mmmkay.."
"For instance, I happened to look down just now and found this check. To my surprise, I recognized the name on it."


My check. My coffee for christmas money.

"Where did you find it?"
"In the washroom. A lot of people came in and out of there, and no on touched it till I found it."
"Whoa, I havent been in the bathroom in over an hour."
"I know. You must be livin' right.."


Later

"Hey JOE!"
"Hey Bernard, long time no see!"


I had helped him a few months ago learn how to use e-mail and get work as a radiologist. He vowed to pay me back.

He was also with me when I first met Le Girl. In fact, I wouldnt have met her if it hadnt been for him.

We hugged, and he slipped a tenspot into my hand.

"Merry christmas man, and thank you."

Thank you.

No comments: