Wednesday, December 10, 2003

Raising the sights

A benefit
of growing older: You know exactly what you want.
-----

Ive always been a teutonic car junkie geek. I like German cars. Ive had a bunch of them (VW, Opel, BMW, Audi - but no mercedes - yet).

So, when I drool in my dreams of daydreams, two-thirds of the time the channel is usually tuned to a stretch of the bavarian autobahn (or Wiscahnsin countryside), with the aural soundtrack playing to an orchestra of gear whines, rushing wind, all overlaid by a rising and falling symphony of metallic snarls...

Right now, Im on an Audi jones.

Specifically, the Audi RS6.

My kinda car. A Q-car. It doesnt look like much. Naturally.

450 hp, speed limited to 174 mph.

Hoo baby.

I promise to slow down in the curves.

I want one for christmas. If not this christmas, the next one...

Heh. According to Audi, 90 percent of the people buying this vehicle are males 45 - 50, who earn at least 200 Large annually.

Ok, the christmas after that.
--------

"Youre looking for the same thing most people are, but they dont even know it."

"What do you think that is?"

"Most men think that they can do everything by themselves, but they usually need the energy of a woman to push them. What youre looking for is that energy which motivates you above and beyond, to the level of your dreams.

In fact, the fact that youre specific about the type of energy, free-spirited, intelligent, rebellious, means that you know what it is you need to help you get where youre trying to go."

"Sounds about right."


I know what I want.
---------
Someone saw me reading a book on Gaugin, and asked me if I were interested in Art.

The truth is, until a date who was an Art History major took me to the Art Institute of Chicago and exposed me to things I didnt consider essential.

But, no.. the reason Im doing this is because , Im taking pictures without a camera.

Yeah verily, its an exercise in frustration - and yet, its forcing me to alter my perspective.

When the camera broke, I was dissatisfied with my images. They were starting to feel static, repetitious.

So why am I reading about Gaugin?

Im retraining my eyes for when I get my cameras back.

Cuz, I got a whole lot of catching up to do.

I know what I want.
------------

No comments: