Tuesday, December 09, 2003

Everything goes with black

"Youre dressed nice today."
"Huh? Katey, Im dressed no differently than I usually am."


Actually, Im not dressed any differently (the usual black with shades of gray and the occasional blue), but the WAY Im dressed is indeed different.

Im dressed the way I would be dressed if I were back living in Chi-town.

Which means Ive embraced the cold.

My jacket and vest are open to cold. Im wearing all-natural materials of cotton and wool. My gloves are all wool. Ive got my collar turned up.

In Chicago, that means youve acknowledged the cold, but since the wind aint blowin', you're living in it. Youve adjusted.

Its a state of mind. Of comfort.

And the one thing I admire about midwesterners.. they dress for comfort and stoicism. It shows the toughness of dealing with what is. And they dont give a fuck what anybody else thinks.

No muss, no fuss.

Although its the New Yorkers who embrace the ethos of everything in Black....

No comments: