Monday, April 12, 2004

Express yourself * 0_o *

To the WINDOOOW!
To the WALL!!

Till SWEAT drops down my bawll!
Till ALL those big tits crawl!

- Chorus from the Ying Yang Twins "Get Low!"


Im shocked. Shocked, I tell ya at what the kids are listening to these days.

My music really hasnt progressed much in the last 2 years..

So I downloaded a few examples off Limewire I heard in passing from the radio.

Holiday Inn from Snoop and Ludacris

Raunchy. Nuttin I aint heard before.

But the Ying Yang Twins

* O_o *

Salt Shaker. Currently climbing the charts.

The dorty version, natch..

The chorus goes in part:

Shake it like a Salt Shaykah!

YEAH!!

Face the wall, shorty!
Put your hands on it!
Bust that ass upanddown
Make a n***** want it!

Roll that ass right around like a muthafuckin' WHEEL!!
Shake that shit just like a muthafuckin' DRILL!!!


* 0-O *

So, I was giggling a bit. Imagining that being played ALL the time strip clubs. And clubs. And frat parties.

But on the radio???

(Well, Miami radio stations, but thats Miami..)

Goodness.

What ever happened to smooth, mellow grooves like D'Angelo's "Sh*t, D*mn, M*therf*cker", hm?

The @^%#$@ worlds going ALL to &*^$$ HELL.

Goodness.

Gotta hear that again...

--------

I read my pal Angeline's latest entry with mild astonishment. She's highly articulate in writing and speech. And yet:
I am viewed as a reserved, quiet sort with few opinions on, well, anything at all, simply because I am either inarticulate, unwilling to go off seemingly half-cocked, or reluctant to get involved in an argument.

My reticence and polite demeanor, my desire to be friends with everyone and not rock the boat - it drives me crazy sometimes. I don't know how to let loose without being afraid of how I'll appear or who I might alienate.

I struggle with myself every day to free my recalcitrant tongue to express how I really, truly feel when an intense situation or issue comes up. 99% of the time, I fail, and I end up being either ashamed or angry at myself and my impotence.

I don't know how to break the silence.


Whoa, I never knew.

So, I dropped something in her comments:
Outwardly, Im not the intense, passionate type.

Daily, Im called "Calm, Laid Back."

I tend to rumble my opinions politely. But Im known as being direct, not tactless.

But, as Ive grown older.. especially as Ive moved from the east coast, where expressing one's opinion is a godsright, Ive become even more direct.

Especially on this West Coast, where being passive-aggressive is a godsright.

Daily, Im called "Asshole." :-)

Hey, Im not shy, and being direct is efficient.

My favorite phrase apparently is now "fuck this passive-aggressive shit".

People act is if theyve never heard that before.

But, they respect my directness.

But m'dear.. at some point, fuck the passive-aggressive shit. Being direct is efficient.

And as my friend V, the Joisey Goil would say, "Fuck 'em if they cant take a joke." :-D


Then again, is it ever that easy for some folk?












No comments: