Monday, April 12, 2004

From my Morning Marn(tm):

Sugar is a cruel, cruel mistress. Oh, sure, she can make you feel that this, this is the day that you should just head out the door right this very minute and fulfill your dream of running a marathon, because by golly You Have Energy To Burn.

Then an hour or so later she gaily rips the rug out from under your feet and tosses you into a cleverly hidden Pit of Low Blood Sugar and Despair.

Never, ever turn your back on sugar. She Is Not Your Friend. Oh, sure, she'll show you the good times. For a while. Then she kneecaps you, and before you know it you're dragging your aged carcass somewhere quiet to nap.



Heheh.

Now, with the High Blood Sugar.. I have to be very, very aware of the potential sugar in everything Im imbibing.

Two Pecan Pie slabs, Marn? *sigh* those were the days. :-(

You know, Ive never had real Maple Syrup? I swear.

Y'all send out complimentary bottles, Marn?;-)

Its just to put in my tea, I swear.

----
I really shouldnt, but Im scared.

That this is illusory, that I'll fuck up, or she will, or Im being distracted from what I need to do...

It brings to mind a phrase (ripped out of context) that Dr Scott used:
The most insightful thoughts in that exchange for me were the choice of the words: "terrifying" and "delightful."


Yeah, like that.

But then the former schoolteacher who had the mental flipout (who still has the brusque, no-nonsense manner of a principal) said something profound..

"People freak out when things are going good. Shit. Why??"

I KNOW, right? So ridiculous.

*breathe*
-------
Speaking of relaxing, Nancy in NY sent me a coffee substitute today.

Frankly, Chai and Herb Teas are getting old, and I cant live on hot chocolate and decaf mocha...

She promised that this is an excellent replacement.

DeCaffé Roast from Yogi Teas.

She told me when she serves it, people scarf it up without even knowing, or caring that its not coffee.

Mmkay.

Instructions on the packets:
DeCaffé Roast

Directions: To enjoy the full-bodied flavor of DeCaffé Roast tea, boil one cup of fresh water and pour over one tea bag; steep 6 to 8 minutes. For stronger flavor, use 2 tea bags. Add your favorite sweetener and cream, milk or milk substitute. Take a moment. Breathe deeply. Embrace the mysterious.


"Embrace the mysterious"?

Heh. Im gonna try it anyway.






No comments: