Saturday, May 29, 2004

Groping at choices..


Florida (at least to go do any work) is out.

I was far from enthusiastic about that idea, but it offered an escape route from here that is now closed.

I'm here for the forseeable.

Dangit, even if I didnt like the taste, I was chewing on that blasted bone for a good while now.

So, now what?
-----
The other day, I came to realize that part of my malaise came from thinking I had too many choices apparently open to me.

I had forgotten 2 hard-earned life lessons...

- Having too many choices is a distraction.
- The stuff you desire, to the point where you can almost taste it, is what you should go for. Anything else is a waste o' time.

So, to clear my mind and regain my focus.... What? How? When?
--------
A man I worked with while I went through college, a Kurdish Iraqi, pulled me to the side once and in all seriousness, said:

"Joe, my friend, if I had what you had, I would be a rich man."
"Whats that?"
"Your english. If I could speak english the way you do, nothing would stop me."


I was a bit taken aback to hear that someone wished, with all their being, to have something I took for granted.

I often think of Ben and what he said back then, for Im well aware of the resources I have, the opportunities and avenues open to me, and I .. dont.

With what I have in me, as Ben said..nothing would stop me.

But right now, I do lack one thing that Ben had.. the burning desire.

The only thing stopping me is me.
------------
Best Quote this morn

"A broke man is a useless man."

Yeah, because you cant get anything done being broke.

---------
This weeks horroscope
A surfer from California recently collected his 15 minutes of fame when he rode his board for the 10,407th consecutive day. During those 28 years, Dale Webster never took a vacation. To keep his mornings free, he worked exclusively at low-paying night jobs. He surfed on the day his daughter was born and the day he passed kidney stones. His eyes now have scar tissue because he has gazed into the sun for so long, and he's literally afraid to stop surfing for even 24 hours.

I nominate him to be both your role model and anti-role model. It's a perfect time to commit yourself with fierce passion to a long-term dream, but only if you promise not to let your devotion degenerate into manic obsession.


What? This means I should just relax and keep going toward my dream, but stop stressin about it?

Pish. What nonsense.



No comments: