Saturday, May 29, 2004

An email from an itinerant friend came in this morn..

Hello Joe :

Finally I made it.

Greeting from Pattaya, Thailand.

I got one way ticket from SFO to BKK for $
395.00.

This time no MACHINE GUNS in the Airport,
everything was smooth.

Regards, Ibrahim


He had given me some expensive gear last year, preparing to head to Thailand.That was back in December, and I kept seeing him around town.
He looked awfully frustrated.
Eh, I knew he would get there eventually. :-)

Oh, the machine gun crack?

He's Egyptian, and travelling around the world aint easy for him nowadays.

He got to where he's going.

So will I.
------------
Europe

Ooh yah, Land of the Autobahn, and Nurburgring.

Car and Driver puts it thusly..
'Europe, what art thou good for?'

Europe is good for fast, big cars. They rule the left lanes of the Continent's freeways, shipping the Important People around at breathless speeds, wantonly slurping $4-per-gallon fuel, shoving aside the slow goers blocking their way with blinding flashes of xenon.

Europe is good for that, plus frilly food and some old churches and stuff.


Yea, verily. :)
----

No comments: