Friday, May 28, 2004


The spoken words

"So, are you writing The Book?"
"No, its not ready to be written yet. I feel there is more to go through.."


I'd have variations of this conversation over the last year, with people who all agree my experiences from the past two years would make a helluva book.

It just felt presumptuous to start before it was ready.

Now, unbidden, drafts are writing themselves in my head.

The book is starting to write itself.
-------
"Do you speak spanish?"
"Poquito."


A little.

Is what the Natives will invariably say.

Its still surprising when the natives (not the transplants), are motoring along in Cali speak, when they'll switch, their accents ranging from harsh to mellifluous, to conversate en espanol.

Yep, I need to learn to learn some conversational spanish too.

Poquito.
--------
A line I heard this morning that made me laugh out loud, and kept me laffin...
(In a Yogi Bear voice)

FUCK the Ranger, Booboo. Im taking the pic-uh-nic basket.


Ya hadda be there. :-)


No comments: