Thursday, June 03, 2004

Dont sweat tha routine *

*(w/apologies to Erik B & Rakim's 'Dont Sweat Tha Technique')*



Im back to a familiar routine, staying in downtown Berkeley.

Except not. Without coffee, I have a big gaping hole in that routine.

I was reflexively looking to get a cup, then realized.. err, no.. I dont HAVE to.

I dont, dont I. I dont drink coffee anymore, I said to myself. Ok.

So, I thought, I could go to Berkeley Espresso, and get a cuppa tea then (ginseg peppermint).. but no..I dont need to replace one habit with another.

Hm. Its ironic. One of the reasons for the coffee and donut routine was practical. It gave me a quick sugar boost, filled my belly and got me through the day.

Then it became a routine.

With that routine gone, do I need another?

Hm.

I guess its hard, when a routine of familiarity changes in a world of change.. but its necessary to move on.

----------
*grump*

Soon, they'll be opening a new Peet's coffee in downtown Berkeley.

I must be strong..


No comments: