Tuesday, June 01, 2004

My buddy Clint is in Chi-town for a Mac conference.

He took this picture..


Looking from the Sears Tower, east over Lake Michigan. I can see my bank and several of the towers Ive worked or visited in.

Great picture. :-)

Makes me kinda homesick.
--------
Good news. My fiddling finally paid off.

I though I had lost most of my images from my cross country trip from the unreadable CD's produced by my unlamented G3 Powerbook ... but hey, my technical expertise was supposed to be crossplatform administration.

My skills are beyond rusty, but I was finally able to scan the unreadable CD's and extract most (not all) of the images.

I'll keep fiddling.

Another frustrating aspect of the mac was the fact that I couldnt find a graphic viewer tool as fast and as intuitive as IrfanView, and it took forever to process a few images.

A year and a half later, Ive only now been able to process the images.

Like this one:




This is the arsehole who took my wallet and ID's from my backpack. He would quickly turn to hide his face when my camera was pointed in his direction. Unfortunately, when I took this picture, I was blissfuly unaware that he had already taken my wallet, that had been buried deep in my backpack - ironically, to deter pickpockets :-/.

And Im STILL having to deal with that shit.

*Grrr*.

I do want to wring that fuckers neck every time I see this.

*sigh* Anyway..





No comments: