Sunday, August 01, 2004


Man, Im regressing.

One of
the things Ive been working on to Improve Myself, is to practice budgeting, primarily of the lean type.

Not to deprive myself so much, but to spend as little as possible on what I NEED.

I dont want to regress to the days of spending money with little thought and not making it work for me.

Ive blown half my budget for the next 2 weeks just this weekend.

Gargh.

That aint progress.

Not having the money doesnt freak me out, but I need to make my money work for me rather than watch it evaporate.

I will do better.
-----
Excursions today.

Walked across the Golden Gate Bridge.

I took the #76 bus to the Marin Headlands (again, the driver got lost and we did an inadvertent tour of Sausalito), got off at the top of the cliff overlooking the Bridge, and walked down.

Then I walked, err.. strolled... err.. leisurely ambled with many, many stops to gawk at the view thru the fog...across the bridge.

So, it took me a litle under 2 hours to do 2 miles.

My feet hurt.

I resolved to do as little walking as possible after that.

I then hopped onto the #22 Fillmore, thru Pacific Heights.

Eh, I actually hopped off the bus shortly in Pacific Heights with the intent of grabbing the #1 California to get to the Cable Car museum.

At the same time I took the opportunity to snark a Peet's DECAF mocha.

Yes, that was the real reason I jumped off. Eh, I had a coupon.

At the corner of Cali and Fillmore, there are FOUR coffee shops with 3 more within a block. GAWD almighty. How many do they need????

Among black folk in the Bay Area, who still regard the Fillmore District as a predominantly black area (before *quotey fingers* 'urban renewal' happened in the 60's), there is a feeling of haven had 'their' area of San Francisco taken from them.

The feeling is they wuz robbed.

The resentment is still strong, and I can see why with the plethora of chi-chi ness going on there.

Then I got to the Cable Car museum, feet throbbing.

Cool. Now I know how it all works.

And then on to Chinatown to snarf.

*urp*

Good times.

No comments: