Monday, August 02, 2004

Situational mirage

Sometimes you
get tired (the vicodin I hadda take last night for my aching feet hasnt help the drowsiness), nothing seems to be progressing and ennui seems to have set in.

That's usually the cue for depression and worry and stuff.

Eh.

A) Thats why they call Vicodin 'happy pills'.

B) The stagnation is illusory.

After many years of being able to look back and see progress in spite of the obstacles and deprivations, I dont sweat it anymore. Much.

In fact, I was strolling the Fillmore District this morn, talking to folk about the way things used to be and how it is and looking at the posters of the seminal music district.

Thats when the reasons for being where I am at the time I am really started to make sense.

I also tried to not assume anything, for I have to go with the flow.

Or as today's horrorscope put it:

You're trying too hard to make all the pieces fit. Step back and let events run their own course. Everything snaps into place soon enough.  


Yup.

*yawn*

I need a nap.
---------
I guess the Hell's Angels convention is over.

I saw/heard/felt several bikes going down Hyde Street with big-assed camping gear/schtuff bungeed to the back of their bikes, headed toward the general direction of the freeway.

Very Easy Rider-ish. :)
------
Occasionally, I still get asked as to why I left All That Is New York.

Dori of Saranwarp is going to Portland (I thought seriously of moving there too), and she sez:

regardless, there's a mass exodus taking place as more and more of us head off to what they call 'second-tier cities' - places far cheaper where the risk of your favorite band not coming to town is much higher and there's some sort of weather phenomenon that usually turns people away (i.e. the rain of portland, the heat of austin).

four weeks. i love you, new york, and i can't wait to leave. i already dread coming back (though there's a huge chance the only reason i come back here is to get my furniture, anyway).


Heh. "Second tier cities". Heee.

I cant imagine myself going back to live there. Any time soon.

I wonder if my dragon collection is still in storage.

No comments: