Saturday, August 07, 2004


Song on current humming rotation:

Romeo - Basement Jaxx

No, I havent been to a gay club in years. Why do you ask?
---------
Although Im not one for violence, Ive carried a weapon with me for years.

Its not that having it on me makes me feel any safer, and my build and demeanor gives people pause anyway. Its just something that gives me the confidence that I can quickly inflict violence and pain if I absolutely have to.

In other words, its a dissuasion tool, to shorten an encounter.

Its nothing obvious, and it wouldnt arouse concerns during a pat-down in any city.

Correction, for the last month, ever since Ive been in SF, I havent carried that with me.

Its not that I feel any safer than I did in Berkeley or Oakland, in fact the danger quotient is higher here than elsewhere.

"Ok, 5th, 6th and 7th Streets, are the bad areas, where most of the drug stuff happens. You dont wanna hang around there."

Heh. Guess where I hang out at?

The food is cheap and good down that way. :-)

Still, Im thinking it might not be a bad idea to start carrying that item with me again.

Because I think Im getting too lax and relaxed.

This is not Berkeley.
------
Heh, this sums up how I feel about the conditions Ive had to deal with the past few years:
'This experience is going to change your life. You'll cherish the experience and never want to do it again. If you fail to enjoy it, it's your fault.'

- The Making of Navy Test Pilots, George C. Wilson


'You'll cherish the experience and never want to do it again. If you fail to enjoy it, its your fault.'

Yep. Couldna said it any better. :)


No comments: