Wednesday, August 04, 2004


Maybe it's a sign

I was on time
this morning to the San Francisco Apple Store to see a scheduled demonstration of their remote desktop management software.

I had this scheduled on my calendar a month ahead of time.

Maybe I need to get my consulting practice up and running again for the cash flow, I was thinking. Get my skills back in the mix, I was thinking. Charge outrageous fees. Do contract jobs for the sleazy agencies and businesses out there.

Wear the white fitted shirts and Perry Ellis monochromatic ties again. (With black jeans, natch. Hey, I have principles man.)

Well, holy mercury retrograde Clint - the Apple Remote Desktop expert didnt show. Something about feeling ill an' shit.

So, I saw a Dreaweaver web page design demo instead.

Which did give me a few ideas, in fact.

Maybe this is a sign to leave the IT shit alone?

Maybe.
-----
A criterion I use to judge how serious people are about the direction they choose or passion they engage in, is to ask the question - "How bad do they want it?"

This is the attitude I use to weed the the people I can tell have the gritz to see things through.

The fire in the belly. The focus. The edge.

Do they want it so badly, they can taste it?

Im asking myself that question now.


No comments: