Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Clear resolution

JPennant: ok, figured out my resolutions this year
JPennant: for me, they're biggies
gabz: ahhhh
JPennant: even tho they might not seem like it
gabz: i resolve to not have a resolution this year. ;-)
JPennant: heee
JPennant: dont believe you :-)
gabz: no, really. :-)
JPennant: well, thats good :-)
gabz: hahah
JPennant: i remember back in 2003, I resolved to open myself up, to surrender
gabz: to other people? or to possiblities in life?
JPennant: alla that yup
JPennant: to love, to homelessness, to life in california :-)
JPennant: i actually asked a woman to marry me!
JPennant: for a commitment phobe like me, that was HUGE
gabz: *hugs*
JPennant: :-)
gabz: yeah, i remember your quandary
JPennant: yeah, it opened me up
JPennant: and the homelessness part was tough
JPennant: but i had to embrace and follow through all the way with it.
JPennant: personally, i think everyone should go through extreme poverty
gabz: i've never been homeless, but, i have been broke before.
gabz: it sucks. and it makes you appreciate stuff a LOT
JPennant: yes, verily
JPennant: it made me focus and not worry about status.
JPennant: and it also opened me up to other people.
JPennant: who helped me, even though they had nothing themselves.
gabz: aww
gabz: that sort of restores my faith in humanity
JPennant: yeah, so that was a good resolution, all in all :-)
gabz: :-)
JPennant: so this year is a biggie
JPennant: seems simple, but i know that it'll have deep consequences
JPennant: its actually two, but in my mind.. theyre linked
JPennant: - get organised. be organised.
JPennant: - start losing weight, getting fit
JPennant: Theyre both about lightening my load
gabz: :-)
gabz: yeah, that's been a goal of mine for the past half a year.
gabz: it'll continue to be so
gabz: but, not really a resolution
JPennant: well, same thing here..
JPennant: its been something I said I should be doing
gabz: :-)
JPennant: but making it a resolution makes it a *priority*
gabz: weelll..considering how well you did with your last one...
gabz: keep up the tradition

Yeah, that did turn out okay, didnt it.

No comments: