Wednesday, January 05, 2005


Reality rarely hits ya until you run out ...


- The warning light on the gas gauge starts flicking.
- The prison door clangs shut behind you.
- She doesn't send any more messages.
- The bank balance dips below the pocket cash level.

Thats when you go .. ah shit.

For me, its when I saw how much target charged me for ordering a microwave cart online.

29.99. What a deal, eh?

47.11. Tax. Shipping.

50 bux.

WTF?? I coulda trekked down to the Tarjay's in Daly City (I think thats the one closest to San Francisco) and spent 3 bux on bus fare.

I spent 51 bux on DVD's at Rasputin. WHAT was I thinking???? I had only intended to get one DVD. And a used one at that.

Ive been buying a lot of 7 dollar Thai food and restaurant meals lately. A lot.
In fact, i havent been to the grocery store in weeks. Ive been eating out constantly.

Ive used the ATM more often than I imagined I would.

Ok, enough.

Of course, its easy to say 'enough' when youre getting broke and payday is a long ways away... but really: Enough.

I thought I had learned my lessons. That I had planned and budgeted. Was gonna be prurient and frugal. Spend only when necessary. Learned how to live waaay under my means.

Apparently not.

The gas gauge light is flicking.


No comments: