Thursday, January 06, 2005


Fuzzy Wuzzy Was a Polar bear

Years ago
, I stayed with a friend on Staten Island in a 150 year old farm house. I loved that place, but my friend could not keep the heat on as it cost a ton of money to heat it during Staten Island's damp, maritime winters.

I quickly learned that padding around barefoot or even in socks was not practical. Even the cat didnt sleep on those old, cold floors. He preferred me.

Whoo, did I bitch about that.

Kate, responding to my whining, bless her heart - sent me a pair of fuzzy slippers.

I wish I'd kept them thru my travels, for Im feening a pair of fuzzy slippers now.

Remember the january indoor cold in Berkeley, mars? Its worse in San Francisco, apparently.

My floor is now so cold that it feels like an electric shock when I get out of bed ... and I sleep during the DAY.

I am now a big fan of down comforters.

And fuzzy slippers.

Now I need to go get a pair.
-------
The pineapple express is a winter time pacific storm system that brings loads of water and feets of snow to the coasts and mountains of the west.

So, right now - San Francisco is JUST like I thought it was before I came here. Raining almost daily and chilly.

According to the weather forecasters, San Francisco has gotten over 170% of normal rainfall for this period.

The time for wearing Teva sandals is so over, as the place brings new meaning to 'puddle jumpers' and 'hypothermia'.

Dont worry clint, it'll clear up by the time you get here.

I think.




No comments: