Tuesday, January 04, 2005

TEH

I just
woke up, drooling and snargling.. indicative of a good and deep crash. Felt good.

Very good.

Especially since I can do it again.

I LIKE having days at a time to stay in and decompress.

Usually at this time of night, Im preparing to get ready to go into work, so its not a full day of rest. Then during the day, because its business hours, there are often things to do, when Id rather be getting rest.

This is my first full 'day' off since before the holidays AND I worked the holidays AND the days before and after them.

If I dont get one day Full of Rest, where I can sleep in uninterrupted, I get quite stressed out and cranky. I am not nice to be around when that happens, which is good that Im usually alone on the graveyard shift.

But Ive got a series of meetings during the day over the next few days, fucking with my staying in time. Ugh.

I can see it now, Im getting 'work creep'. I was afraid of this.

If Im working, I dont wanna think about work or who I am employed for when Im not at work. But I have to prepare for work hours before I get in. I have to worry about meetings when Im not scheduled. A lot of my activities revolve around my work time.

All for a paycheck and bennies.

Ugh.

I gotta remember this job is a short term ways and means. This is not my life. And with my workaholic tendencies, its easy for me to let work become my life.

So, fuck 'em when Im not there.

See? I get cranky when I dont get my decompression time.
-----
Im taking pictures again.

Feels good.

It's been a year and a half since I last had a camera in my hand for more than a few minutes. So, Im getting used to it, even tho Im primarily shooting at night and overcast days.

Feels good, even tho it took a few days to learn how to HOLD it correctly ("I put my thumb THERE??? Oh, it feels right now. Why wasnt that in the manual?").

The pictures are getting better too, as it comes back to me.

I can hear it now. Why arent they up for view yet?

*sigh* Because.

------

No comments: