Friday, January 26, 2001

Yawn.

I was awake from 7am Thursday to 11:30am Friday morn.

Yes, I was tired during that time, but all it took was one cuppa coffee to keep me awake.

@ 11:30, I told Kate and Laura that I was off to take a nap and signed off AIM.

Apart from pee runs (exercise is essential), I was unconscious until around midnight Friday night.

Right now.. I'm wide awake.
------------
Al Gore is joining Hill and Bill in taking up residence in NY.

He's gonna be a journalism professor at Columbia, and is moving to my old neighborhood (of 3 months) - Morningside Heights.

With that in mind.. this editorial cartoon from fridays Daily News had me rollin....



(See, the joke is.. Al is from Tennessee, and Bill and Hillary were themselves called carpet-baggers and.....)

-------------
Looping on the mp3 soundtrack as I write:

- School Daze Soundtrack (Tisha Campbell & Jasmine Guy) - Be Alone Tonight
- En Vogue - Giving Him Something He Can Feel
- Crash Test Dummies - Mmmm Mmmm Mmmmm
- Everlast - What its Like
- Maxi Priest - Close To You
- Mikki Howard - What Love Is
- Tribe Called Quest - Bonita Applebaum

On the mellow tip
-----------
I had a lot to say, and I did write it.. but spontaneous reboots by the PC at the Internet cafe wiped 'em out each time.

I would try to recreate it, but Ive come to firmly believe that when I lose my thoughts repeatedly, thats the universe's way of saying that some of that chit doesnt need to be out there.....

I may get into some of it later.
-----------
Clerk at counter, has his hands in pockets, teeth clenched.

Me: Kinda cold?
Him: Shit man, too much for me!
Me: Well, its cold, but its not that bitter cold of the last coupla weeks....
Him: Yeah, youre right - even though its about the same temperature
then we paused, looked at each other and bitterly laughed
Me & Him in unison: ... but its STILL cold!





No comments: