Monday, January 15, 2001


"In this country, it is relatively easy to make money, but the trick, and the hardest thing to do - is to keep it."
-- Advice from a millionaire I got while working at Schwab.


As I washed some dishes, I mulled a few things over in da brain....

What would I do if I had 50k in the bank, free and clear?

To my horror, I realized that I dont know, really. I dont have a plan.

Sure, I said.. I'd prolly invest some, save some, spend some.

But no.. REALLY. What would I do? Specifics. Not just 'invest some, save some, spend some'.

Ive never really had to worry about it.

Ive never had more than 4 or 5 grand in the bank at any one time, and Ive never been concerned about the money I have, as Ive always lived fairly frugally.

It was just about me.

If I won the lottery, a coupla hundred thou floating around - I could kinda wing it, cause then Id have a little cushion.

But 50 thou isnt out of the realm of possibility or even probability.
In the real world, thats a years salary or less.

Not a whole hell of a lot, then.
Realistically, its an amount that can disappear in a short period of time.

I realized I dont have a short or medium term plan to handle my 'wealth'.

Just making money is not enough.

I guess reading "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" or the "Millionaire Next Door" aint enough.

I need to learn.

Cause, already - it aint just about me.

Particularly as Im being motivated to aim for a higher level.
------------

No comments: