Sunday, January 21, 2001

It was bright, beautiful and clear the way it usually is after a storm in a port city.

Rich came in from shovelling snow and said... "You should be out there..its beautiful.. you cant buy color like that."

Heheh. Thats my favorite foto saying.

I think he was motivating me AND mocking me at the same time.

I still didnt go out.

Because the wind chill is below zero.

Im not at all fond of the cold right now.

It hasnt been above 40 degrees since November.

Thats nothing for Chicago, but actually odd for New York, where it may get cold - but will warm up on occasion.

Not so this winter.

I havent bought a parka and mittens in years - having been thru nothing but florida weather and mild winters the last 10 years or so.

And without the proper gear, it's kinda scary.

Yeah, this kinda admission from a Chicago boy.
----------------
Some of the guys have been ruminating.. trying to figure out life, make their choices

I wanna dash off letters and expound and advise and ruminate wit them.

But Im old enuff to know sometimes to keep my mouth shut. Its shit theyve gotta figure out for themselves.

Heh. I think Ive Figured Out a Good Portion of It All. For myself.

And what has that taught me? That now, at least I know what I dont know.

Valuable, that.

That Im on my path, I dont have a clue, but I know what I have to do.

And Im in the midst of doing so.

Do I like where I am?

No.

But am I where I need to be?

Yes.

And I constantly hope Im on the right track.

Oddly, I know - if I keep the faith, I will be.

That too, I have figured out.
------
On that subject - the best advice was given to me by Kate when she said:

"It's not all about you, dear."

Whoo. Talk about profound.

In trying to figure it all out.. that has been the missing factor that no one told me about.

Not like that anyway.

When I remember to add that phrase to the mix of life.. progress is made....


See why I keep her around? :-)

-------------
I didnt go pick up the honey today. I wussed out.

I rationalized that I didnt need it THAT bad.

I lied.

That I was even THINKING about heading out into a snowstorm for california honey should tell ya something...

We'll try the switch again on Wednesday.

I think I can do without a few days more....

Just barely.
---------------

No comments: