Sunday, January 21, 2001

My favorite scene from South Park: The Movie is where the head of the Joints Chief of Staff's cool-lookin holographic Star-War's like battle plans crashes in mid-spiel.

Pissed, he has Bill Gates dragged to him in cuffs to explain why Windows98 doesnt have the memory protection like he had promised..

As Bill G starts to pleasantly give the Microsoft anti-trust spin about how "Microsoft is only looking out for the consumers", the general abruptly.. shoots him in the head.

THAT is what I feel like doing after wrestling WindowsME into a semblance of civil behavior from 1am to 10am yesterday morning .

*GAAH*

The very features that were *supposed* to give WindowsME "unparalleled" stability and recovery capabilites were the very things that were making it crash!!!

Since it aint my machine, I had been gentle and pussy-footing around trying to coax it to behave without doing anything drastic.
Wasnt working.
Then it STOPPED working last night.. while I was using it, natch.

*GAAAAH* (or as mars would put it.. 'fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!'.)

Not wanting to be blamed for this, I finally got pissed, and gutted the mo-fo the way I shouldve weeks ago.
This is what I do for a living and it was ruining my rep for weilding powerful mojo.

Naturally, fix one thing - and there are a million other things to fix.

Now, I walk away from it, the tower humming copacetically.

In my fantasy tho, I am using the holes in Windows security to siphon pennies on the dollar from Bill's Personal Slush Fund to numbered money-laundered accounts in Fiji.....
-------------------
".. actually, Im kinda glad you woke up too late to come out and see the apartment. Its kinda ICK-ee, outside.."

I was too.. I had awakened from a deep nap (HappyCat curled up on my feet, natch) to find A) it was late afternoon and too late to go hook up with Eric to see the apartment and B) It was raining and sleeting heavily.
I wasnt at all eager to go head out to New Jersey in that mess.

It's gotten worse as the storm blows through.

As I hear the snow-plows scrunch by outside, it has gotten worse with blinding snow laying down several inches of fun.

*sigh*

My honey is back with my honey, and since her schedule this coming week is looking waaaay hectic, we decided it'd be best that I swing by her place today to pick up the loot.

In the wind and the snow. *shudder*

Happy to see her, but not looking forward to heading out in this crapp today.

She's not forcing me to do this, of course.....
----------
Heh. Kate sent me her StorTrooper figure, the current web craze.

Actually, that is a pretty good representation of her, if in a cartoon form. (Although she prefers her boots to have heels)

And as she hates the paparazzi, thats as close a picture of Kate that most people will see.

Although, her cat is actually black....
----------------------
I had just written Jesse telling him about my fetish fer black and white pictures...

Made me realize that I hadnt really been doing pictures recently with black and white output in mind.

But to kinda commemorate the current gray days, here are a few random b&w pics...




Bus Ramp, Ferry Terminal, Staten Island



SI Newhouse, New York Bay



SI Newhouse, Ferry Terminal, Manhattan



Broadway and Wall Street, Lower Manhattan



Battery Park, Lower Manhattan



The Gov. Herbert H. Lehman, Kennedy Class car-carrying ferry, New York Bay





















Post Office, Ferry Terminal, Staten Island



Upper Ramp, Ferry Building, Manhattan




There ya go, Jeannie. :-)


No comments: