Friday, March 16, 2001


Admit it, You're Rich.

The US Trust ad in the current issue of Fortune magazine, done in old-style picture and text advertising style grabbed my attention, as good advertising should.

Yes, its a blatant shill, but it kept me focused on the message as I read all the way through.

I am not against money.

I used it to motivate me through years of hard training as I set myself on a career path to give me the things I felt I always wanted.

Yes I want to be rich.

To paraphrase Debbi Kempton-Smith, "Money is freedom. It gives you options. It keeps you cool in the summer and warm in the winter. It can even buy you love, if thats what you want."

She was talking about her famous economist father - who ironically was an iconoclast about money. He would make massive amounts at the firms , so that he could take care of his family, and then when he had enough - quit to go fly-fishing.

He had his priorities.

Carol laughingly said "You are a schemer, you are.." - as I told her the possibilities of the Project of My Dreams. She's known me a long time.

The other day, RobG kept bugging me to tell him exactly what it was Im planning to do.

What he was really asking me was what was the business idea I had, and how did I plan to make money with it.

He's also known me a long time.

I kept putting him off his persistent queries with "Its not about the money."

And it really isnt. I dont want to poison this with dreams of money, to try to become financially self-sufficient with it.

I just want to do it, and if the money comes, all the better.

Plus, I didnt want to tell him, because there are poeple who will hijack a good idea, because theyre all looking for the surefire way to money.

Ha.

Nah, my dreams dont have a price on them.


The co-founder of Visa International, to keep his team focused - would periodically remind them, that all of money systems and instruments and profits they were building was all an illusion.

It was built on belief.

The belief was more important than the money. Which made money.

Which itself, is based on belief.

So, Im not putting a price on my dreams, but if done right, the laws of universal energy will give me a good return on my investment.

"Admit it, You are Rich."
----------
In my organizing, I have started consolidating my contacts info.

Ay-yi-yi.

Ive only made half-hearted attempts over the years for a reason.

But the need has never been more critical, so I started today.

That effort put me out for a few hours as I stared at multiple CSV files.

It's proving to be a pain in the arse trying to merge everything into one master file.

I may have to just manually type/cut and paste everything into a new file.

There is no easy way.

But it will make my life easier if I do.
-------

No comments: