Tuesday, June 12, 2001

11:20pm

JPennant: heheh. I can even tell you the exact date the last time a woman loudly propositioned me :-)
JPennant: It was in toronto
JPennant: I was walking down the street with my fiance and friends
JPennant: Aug 10,1989
k12: lol
JPennant: A woman leaned out her car window and said... "Can he come home with me??"
k12: hehe
k12: and your fiance's response?
JPennant: Marsha nearly died laughing :-)
k12: lol
JPennant: I always wondered if I wouldve been happy with her.
k12: what happened?
JPennant: it was actually the trip back home to chicago, coupla days later
k12: :::::listening::::::::
JPennant: I smelled the perfume she always wore, Obsession, looked over at her, remembered all the silly stuff, the lies and whatnot.
JPennant: and I realized I was dead certain when I thought to myself.. "I cannot live the *rest of my life* with this brat"
JPennant: exact words.
k12: whoa
JPennant: yeah
JPennant: the primary silly stuff?
JPennant: nah, I wont even get into that
JPennant: I just feel like an ass tho
k12: why?
JPennant: because now... 12 years later
JPennant: All I really remember was how I felt..when she'd come up to me and say "Hey love"
k12: *sigh*
JPennant: An endearment I'll always hold dear, primarily because no other woman has ever said that to me.
JPennant: But I did need to grow up. I didnt need to be married.
k12: we like to hold to good memories close
JPennant: I knew then, and I know now... it woulda been a horrible mistake....
JPennant: If I didnt do it then, kids woulda been involved.

The last time I spoke to her, she had gotten my number in Florida.

We spoke, we laughed as easily as we always did - because we'd been friends for years.
She had gotten married, to a Joe in fact, a house in burbs, two kids.

Even now I still care for her. I wouldnt have gotten engaged if I didnt. The only woman I ever got engaged to.

I heard later that she might have gotten seperated, or divorced. Likely for the same reasons I walked away.

I didnt ask.

Yeah, I still remember the reasons, but funny how time puts some of the bad things out of your mind.

"Hey love."

I always thought its wise to forgive, but never ever forget.

But now, do I really need to remember the things I swore I would never forget?

Hm.

I wanna see how she's doing.
-----------

No comments: