Saturday, June 16, 2001

Talking about a mutual acquaintance:

Him: She's an odd duck sometimes... a nice person, but seems so detached sometimes.
Me: Well, that's primarily because she's a Virgo. I kinda get it with her. We even share the same birthday.
Him: She is? You do? Ohhh...
Me: Yep. What youre seeing is someone who needs to keep their emotions under control. Think of ANY Virgo you know personally, including me... and you will see us walk around with basically one expression on our faces...
Him: Oh yeah.. you and T do that too.. but youre all cool people.
Me: Yeah, cuz youve known us for awhile, you know it doesnt mean anything.
Him: Yeah, thats true, cuz I'll talk about her favorite music, and she like switches on and engages.. and its like she comes to life.

This last week, I have barely been able to THINK my way past the issues.

Yesterday, at noon.. I went to just walk around the block. I had a feeling I wouldnt be back for awhile, but I didnt get back home til 10.

Heh. My issues arent diddly as I sat over the Cappy's house, and watched her deal with her kids, the most important thing in her life, her ultra-jealous boyfriend calling umpteen times, her sister home from the military for a quick visit, her family, a wet bunny, a hyperactive kid etc etc.

The normally bouncy woman was drained, and she STILL made me feel like an honored guest.

She deserved the only comfort I could give her, a massage.

Eh. Least I could do.

Gotta give her a lot of props... because I woulda disengaged from all that nonsense a long time go.

Walking home, I wondered if I could be an observer and stay disengaged from it all.

It usually works, and its safer.

But is it always the place to be?

I dunno..

gaaah. I cant seem to THINK for some reason.
--------------

No comments: