Thursday, June 28, 2001

Even tho I knew she hated IM's - I had left her IM name on my buddylists, just in case.

I knew things had been rough, but shit.
But after nearly two years of having not been able to find hide or hair of her...

3:45pm

JPennant: LILY
JPennant: That you honey?
tigerlil: My lovable buddy !!!!!!!!
JPennant: hey sweetheart :-)
JPennant: how are ya?
JPennant: Man, Ive been worried sick about you.
tigerlil: God, I've been looking for you for so long and I forgot what you called yourself online and I ....
tigerlil: I've even emailed Susan Miller the astrologer for your address and lots of stuff has happened ...
tigerlil: I searched on switchboard. com for you but all I get was your old phone number and no current anything else .... how you been , my buddy??  
JPennant: Heh. A lot :-)
tigerlil: Sure do miss talking to ya .... what's you doing now and what is your home phone so I can find you?
JPennant: i dont have a fone yet
JPennant: I havent worked since November, just moved here.
tigerlil: Move here where?
JPennant: Im using my friends DSL connection.
JPennant: Bayonne, NJ
JPennant: Outside of NY
tigerlil: Why did you move?
JPennant: I had moved to Manhattan and lost the sublease back in December
JPennant: and since I wasnt working, had to stay at a friends house until this place got ready.
tigerlil: So what's you living on then?
JPennant: Right now.. all funds are gone :-)
JPennant: AND Im trying to start a business
JPennant: stupid eh?
tigerlil: Man, I know it's got to be real ruff. What kind of business?
JPennant: Publishing
tigerlil: Publishing is really competitive and really demanding and a shot in the dark. Publishing what? Like websites you mean?
JPennant: yes.. to start
tigerlil: You want to manage a website for me?
JPennant: anything for you dear. :-)
tigerlil: You're my bosom buddy!!
JPennant: heh. and dont you fergit it :-)
tigerlil: I wish you had a phone so I can call you.
JPennant: did you start the site?
tigerlil: No way. I was thinking about it for the last couple of days, but .... I need to verbally talk with you, buddy. You're so ingenious communicatively.
JPennant: Oh, pshahh :-)
tigerlil: :-) yes, really.
JPennant: anyway
JPennant: enough of the business stuff
JPennant: I was WORRIED about you
tigerlil: I knew you were ... bosom buddies do that kind of thing.
JPennant: I am so glad to see ya tho. :-)
JPennant: Missed yer fried rice. :-)

Heheh. She was a chef.. and she basically fed me back in the day. :-)

We've been tight ever since we started working together at AT&T.
Its odd that we had such a hard time finding each other. Maybe its the right time again.

She's mah buddy.

We used to make the most incongruous of pairs, this tall, big black guy and this very petite chinese woman, almost always havin'a good ol' time together.

I miss her broad southern accent. Its down home.

One thing I do miss is that, when we hung out, we hung. We found time. And we were busy people.
Not like here in NY where you have to make appointments weeks ahead for 15 minutes of people's time.

God, I really do miss that.
--------
Nancy had gotten me a free pass to PC Expo...

but eh.

MacWorld, PC Expo.. basically a big ol trade show.

A huge cavernous warehouse with ...eh. Not much of substance.

Lotta walking around, staring at bored attendees.

Same reason I dont get excited about the auto shows anymore.

Sans the pretty models.

And not much in the way of cool free stuff at those things anymore.

What's the point of goin' then?

Feh. Screw it.

As she put it later on today after she came back.. it was pretty lame.

Yeah, I kinda figured.

Feh.
---

No comments: