Friday, June 29, 2001

Foo. I'm starting to miss New York and the subway.

Because of my poverty...oh wait...

Poo: poverty is a state of mind; what you are is broke
Poo: broke is temporary

..because of being broke,I cant afford to just head into the city without good reason.

Oh yeah, I miss the unlimited Metrocard too. Four bux for the day, 17 bux for the week, and I can go anywhere in the city, anytime. Man, what a deal.

Costs me over 6 bux just to get in and out of Jersey. No deals.

Actually, I could walk over the Bayonne Bridge to Staten Island, grab a bus and the Ferry into the city.. that would only be 3 bux back and forth.. but thats a lotta waiting.. and exercise..

Yeah, being IN the city is better.

So, I cant wander like I usually do. Take a train or bus in NY, and wherever you step off - you are in a different world.

Yeah, Im missing that. Specially my nocturnal wanderings.

Without a car or a transit pass.. Im feeling... ohh..trapped. I didnt get what the young Jersey folk were goin on about, moaning about feeling trapped sometimes. Now I do.

I demurred on seeing the guaranteed picture-rich spectacles of the Puerto Rican Day and Gay Pride Parades these last coupla weeks.

No, I didnt want the heatstroke (last year, even my BACKPACK was soaked), but the real reason.. no funds. No funds, no fun.

Although, if I had the funds, Id be patronizing Bayonne's excellent restaurants right now.. fuhgeddaboutit.

*sigh* Tell me why Im putting myself through this again?

Poo: a corporate whore you aint

Poo: to every thing, there is a season; this too, shall pass

Poo: just wait till they are begging for rides in yer limo!
JPennant: ho ho ho :-)

Hey, In all the years Ive known her.. Poo has nevah told me anything less than the truth, particularly of what is to be...

No lie.

Although

Poo: yeah, hon, its bettah for ya than those nasty assed donuts hehe

Heyyy now. Them are good donuts. :-)
-------
Random Pix driving over the Verrazano Narrows Bridge connecting Staten Island and Brooklyn.







To avoid much of tolls driving in and out New York... its hard to do.

You will have to pay some kinda toll.

But, to get in and out of Bayonne, driving.. the cheapest way is to go over the Bayonne Bridge (6 bux), then go through Staten Island over the Verrazano (no bux going into Brooklyn, 7 bux coming from Brooklyn), over the Manhattan or Brooklyn Bridges (no tolls) thru the Holland Tunnel back into Jersey (no tolls going into Jersey, 6 bux otherwise).

Oy. You always gotta have a system.
-------
Fireflies.

No big whoop. Just noticed them flying around at dusk these last few days.

Havent seen firefies in.. years.

Urban living.

Kinda nice on a muggy evening....

No comments: