Monday, December 17, 2001

Feeling restless yesterday morn, so I jumped on the light rail to Exchange Place for some pictures...

Cant upload 'em until I access a USB port and hi-speed net link.

But, it was sweet. Cold and clear makes for a beautiful sunrise over New York.

Very nice pictures. Shit, I could sell most of them.

The pictures are the kind that Cyn likes so much.

*sigh* Sans the WTC, of course.

I look over the PATH station that was the last/first stop to go under the river into NY and the WTC. Its all fenced off and empty now. Sad.

Even sadder, was that at 7am - I was the ONLY person out there. There was no one else.
Even with the cold and a Sunday morn, there are usually people all around, even at its most deserted, no matter the day or night.
The waterfront park is even starting to look run-down and dirty, with graffitti appearing on the signs. With the view diminshed and the subway station closed, its as if there isnt as much reason to be out there anymore.

Still, it was a great view.

Heh.. lemme take back that no one being out there. Halfway into my picture taking session - as pigeons were swirling around me looking to be fed, I noticed from the corner of my eye a Port Authority cop car pulls up behind, watching me. (They thought I wouldnt see 'em... even with glasses, I have excellent peripheral vision).

I pretended not to notice and kept trying to get shots of the pigeons, while catching the sunrise and skyline in the same frame.

They took off after a few minutes. Just doing their jobs.

Looks like there are a lot more cameras out there keeping watch over the waterfront.
----------
Looking back thru some of my old pics, reminded of all those careless pics I took last year....


Last December from the Gap store at the WTC concourse


Sometime late summer of 2000. I felt compelled to capture it this scene of them playing under the WTC...


Pulling into the ferry terminal in lower manhattan, the buildings, that before seemed scale-sized while out on the water, just *rise* up at you the closer you get.

I can never get used to the feeling.


Summer 2000. Who knew this would be a time-stamped shot....


Aug 2000. A poster for the School of Visual Arts. Canal Street A train station.

Back then, I was slightly horrified that they had this poster out.

Now I want one.


Heh. This was the July 4th of 2000, afterwards down in Brooklyn's Borough Hall subway station. It was hot and steamy down in them tubes.

I showed the guys the pictures. They loved 'em. :-)


Union Square, June 2000.
I caught the flash of bright yellow out the corner of my eye, held out my arm and snapped, hoping Id catch SOMETHING.

This is one of my favorite pics.


I HAD to take this picture. I HAD to take this picture. I HAD to take this picture.

*sigh* Summer in NY.


A meat store on Canal Street. Hope its still there.

Man, I miss wandering Chinatown.

Waaaaitaminnit.. is that *OCTOPUS* in the guys hand???




Pellegino's on MulberryStreet in Little Italy. Oooh. I SO miss eating out. :-(

The Hong Kee (thats the name, I swear) soy shop on the corner of Canal and Broadway.


Until Cyn turned me onto this place as well as soy, not fer nuthin, I wouldna touched soy anything.

Yum, fried soy noodles.. :-)


I should do more "blast from the past" pics.. :-). These remind me that I need to keep taking these pictures...

Cant stop.



No comments: