Wednesday, December 19, 2001

Folk have been throwing nice breezes at me for showing some of the old pix..

I had forgotten that some folk hadnt seen 'em from the Pennants Pages dayz.

Here are a few more... and thanks. :-)


Jan 2000 Grand Army Plaza, Brooklyn.
For awhile, I was fascinated in trying to convey the subway experience.

For tourists, the surprise is the extreme in temps and smells. And crowds.

But like everything, the best I can do - is try to show the energy, with the confluence of people and machine.

March2000
Brooklyn Bridge/City Hall Subway Station


March2000
Bowling Green


November 99 Times Square.
Walking down Broadway in Times Square, I was taking pictures of folk pointing out the MTV studios. Then I noticed people were pointing the other way.

Only in Times Square would you not notice a 4-alarm blaze a block away.

I like this one for that and other reasons....


November 99.
Stuck in morning traffic on the West Side Highway, crawling by the Battery Park/WTC complex.

I stuck my head out of the back of the cab, looked up and snapped off a couple.

The moire pattern on the buildings I hate, but I guess that can be fixed in Photoshop....

October 99
Chelsea Piers, looking from the roof of the building at the corner of 20th and West Side Highway.

I saw God and everything when the clouds uncovered the sun rays, hadda catch it.


March 2000
A familiar viewpoint, from the back of a cab.

Lord, I took far too many cabs. Wasted *far* too much money.

Took me years to clock onto the fact that its usually faster to walk or whip out the Metrocard...

Same cab, 2 blocks... 20 $&%^&$# minutes later


Feb 2000.
47th Street N&R station

This piece of art was gone a few days later. New York changes almost daily, although it feels unchanging....

---------------------


No comments: