Saturday, December 22, 2001

Went to the bakery for my gratis coffee and donuts this morning:

The sicilian lady goes:

"What can I getta for you, Joey?"

Heh. Joey.

"Yah. You are a 'Joey'.. some people its not right to calla them 'Joseph'.."

I will love this Sicilian woman forever. :-)
-------
Me: I gotta go through everything, throw out all that I dont need. Even the the stuff I think I might need.
Her: Ooof. I hate packin'. Me anna mah daughta, the other night - she is a movin from her place, all night and morning, we hadda tha coffee, tha tea, the water.. all we drink, we donta eat nothin'. We donta have da time, we go through everything.. and we still no finish.
Me: Heh. I hear ya. I think Im gonna give away most of my books and throw out a lot of my clothes.. a lotta stuff I think I need, I dont.
Her: No. Dont do that. You never know when you needa the books. Plus, they expensive. You, you keep d'ose, find some place to keep them.

*nod* She's right. Common sense. But, if there is any doubt, Im tossing it.

I wish to travel very light.
-------

No comments: