Thursday, December 20, 2001

Random randoms:
---------
I once mentioned to Maria of all the possessions I need to move around with me (very few items), one is a gong in a polished wood stand Id gotten as a thank you from a client..

She goes: "A gong! How random!"

Heh. Which is why I do these random things...
------------
Why doesnt New York seem to have a Hawaiian restaurant joint? Or at least one that serves Hawaiian staples?

Denny's Restaurant in Japantown, San Francisco. Valet Parking available too, apparently. Woohoo. (Mars and Sun keep rambling on about not being able to get Hawaiian breakfasts of Portugese sausage, rice and eggs on the mainland....)

Although I personally think Chicago is a better restaurant town, it amazes me that in a city of people from 169 countries and seemingly just as wide a variety of restaurants, you cant find a Hawaiian joint. Not a one.

Sun observes:
<< For some reason mainlanders think anything with "pineapple" in it is Hawaiian. >>

Um, I never did. But then again, Ive never been.

Mars retorts:
<< portugese sausage, eggs, and rice! that's my idea of a local hawaiian breakfast. Maybe substitute spam for the sausage and i'd still be happy. THAT's what i was missing when i was up in cali. I could've used that Denny's many a time if i had known about it JP! =)

And Sun...i totally agree with you about the pineapple = hawaiian thing. How retarded is that? Pineapples aren't even indigenous to this stupid island. haha. joke's on them.
>>

Hehehe.

But, umm.. Spam is a Hawaiian delicacy/staple? FRIED Spam???

Hmmm. Mebbe there's a reason there isnt a Hawaiian joint in Gotham... *cough* :-)

I dont even know what Portuguese sausage is, but the thought of it is makin' me hungry now.

Unless thats just a euphemism for Spam in a roll....
----------

No comments: