Sunday, May 26, 2002

Sunday Morning

As I wrap up what Im doing here, memories of South Florida..

The Pink Drawbridges of Downtown Fort Lauderdale.

WHY theyre pink, I have no idea. I guess for some reason, pink equals the tropics for some folk.




































Yep. Pink.

-------------
JPennant: Hey papi. How ya feelin?
McClint: i'm doin alright. i actually slept for 9 hours last night
JPennant: whadja drink, wine or beer? ;-)
JPennant: <-- drank both, slept the same
McClint: had some Smirnoff Ice
JPennant: yeah, sometimes you DO need a drink.
JPennant: As long as it doesnt become medicine, nawmean?
McClint: yeah i'm not a big drinker anyway
JPennant: A little astrological lore
JPennant: There is an eclipse of the sun this week
JPennant: and in astrology an eclipse is considered (for some people) where some things stop and start in your life
JPennant: a demarcation point if you will
McClint: must be a partial eclipse. it is pretty far past the equinox to be a total or even annular
JPennant: it is
McClint: :-)
JPennant: the big one is May 2003
JPennant: <-- takes Clints brain fer granted sometimes ;-)
McClint: hahaha
McClint: I understand the mechanical workings of the universe...... understanding women is a different story
JPennant: So for many people, it feels like somethings are at "the end of a road", and the start of something new
JPennant: so for you - youve made a break and youre already on the path of something new
JPennant: for me its the realization that my game needs to go to another level, cause Im gonna be playing in bigger leagues
JPennant: Splains my sudden fixation in the methods of military training.
McClint: hehehe too bad you're too old to enlist
JPennant: Eh, Im not sure Id wanna anyway
McClint: it took me 3 years of JROTC and 2 years of ROTC in college to make me realize that the military life just isn't for me
JPennant: Ive always said, if I HAD to go, I would
McClint: BUT i'm still glad I went thru that training
JPennant: zactly. I sometimes wish I did
McClint: actually the stated purpose of JROTC isn't to build future soldiers.... it's to build better citizens
JPennant: I used to be envious of this guy I met when I lived at the YMCA
JPennant: former Marine. He lived in one of the rooms which was 7 by 14 feet
JPennant: And his stuff was organized
JPennant: because he had been TRAINED to do it
McClint: yup
JPennant: This weekend, I decided to put some of the principles in action.. and whoa.. I got a whole lot done in a very short period of time.
JPennant: My stuff was halfway organised, and many of my affairs were put in order and I still had time to do all the things I wanted to do
JPennant: Someone should have training fer older civilians ;-)
McClint: yesterday was the most productive i've been in a VERY long time. I mowed the back yard, used the edger on the driveway and the street, did all the dishes, all my laundry, picked up around the house a little, did grocery shopping, and got a haircut
JPennant: Thats a decently productive day.
McClint: i surprised myself and i wasn't even huffing it either. it was more of a meandering from one thing to another
JPennant: Now if we could make that an ongoing process .. "To Be All That We Can Be"
JPennant: The slogans are really making sense
JPennant: "Aim High"
JPennant: What are the others?
McClint: "we're looking for a few good men"
McClint: "More than just a job, it's an adventure"
JPennant: yah
JPennant: there were a few others
McClint: "the coast guard: we keep what we impound" hahahaha
JPennant: heheheh
McClint: i gotta go fill my tummy. i'll be back later.
JPennant: aight pa


No comments: