Saturday, July 27, 2002

Best left

Once left, once broken up, once ended... its better if it stays that way.
Its usually for the best.
Sure. Grieve. Remember. Revisit. Reminisce. Celebrate, even. But in the end, there are usually GOOD reasons for ways being parted.

I left Jacksonville because I was severely underemployed and felt like I was living my life in torpor. I had to leave.

It was the hard thing to do.. primarily because Jacksonville doesnt let go easily. Its native sons and daughters usually come back.

If asked, most folk from Jax wont have a lot of good things to say about it.

But most wont leave. Or if they do, they invariably come back.

They feel they have good reasons. And I have to admit, Im entertaining thoughts of having a place here while I do stuff in other places.. no state income tax, the calm, cheap houses, privacy, decent 4-seasons weather, etc etc. (North Florida is quiet home to multitudes of international stars and figures, for much of the same reasons.)

However, I cannot ever call it home.

For there are good reasons I left.

Sometimes things are best left.
----------





























----------
Myself, I said goodbye by...

Going to hardees, particularly the one at Five Points in Riverside.

Frankly, Hardees aint all that great. But, those buscuits.. mmmm.

And the Hardees @ Five Points makes the best buscuits.






So, breakfast this morn was

  • 2 Hardees Stuffed Omelette buscuits

  • A superlarge Coca-Cola (Co-Cola, if you wanna say it Georgia style), with lemons that normally go into the Iced Tea.

  • A large coffee with chocolate creamer.

  • A Krispy Kreme Rasperry Jelly Glaze.

    Why yes, I do know such a breakfast will stop a rhino dead in its tracks at 10 paces....















  • No comments: