Tuesday, July 23, 2002

Judy was making fun of me wading through the surf in flip flops and jeans.


I like flip flops. And Swim shorts. And sleeveless shirts.

Errr. Yeah.

Right now Im putting a *lot* of Aloe/Vitamin E salve on my sunburned arm to keep down the unsightly peeling.. got it only where my arm was resting out of the window.

(To all those who havent a clue.. yes, brown folk get sunburned too, particularly those who are of mixed racial heritage .. which would 98 percent of brown folk in the Western Hemisphere. Yes, really.)

Where was I.. oh yeah, flipflops.

I like flip flops. Exercises my feet and calves nicely. My first time wearing them for any period in over 20 years. Yes, really. (Turned off by flipflops that disintegrate just because *gasp* - youre walking around in them. Hate that.)
Unfortunately tho - that casual wear does no good on the outdoors in the major urban areas. So I may not be wearing them for awhile.

I like tacky casual wear.

So anyways.. yeah, flipflops.

Like 'em.
---------------------
Havent been to the beach since I returned the rentacar.

Not a big deal, but it was nice going for a swim regularly.

Id like a house with a pool, please.

Anastasia Beach, St Augustine




It was pretty, but the water was murky and particularly briny.

Not pleasant.

Seemed to be the only public beach in St Augustine I could find. Yay for the developers.









And of course... guess which flag was flying based on that chart...







The kids made the best of it anyway







But the lifeguards kept an eye.

I went into the water and felt the currents moving me away from the beach.

I always kept an eye on the yellow truck to make sure I wasnt drifting too far away.










Yeah, I was kinda glad to hit the showers and get outta there.

It was no Key West.






















No comments: